To beat Mega Ampharos in a Pokémon GO Raid Battle, trainers must prepare a team of pocket monsters with Movesets that counter Electric and Dragon.
Mega Ampharos, the Mega form of the Ampharos and the final evolution of the Mareep family, is a raid boss in Pokemon GO which is scheduled to appear in AR Gyms between Thursday, August 25 and Wednesday, August 31, 2022. Although it looks harmless with cute features like a cotton candy-style tail and Dango-like horns, this pocket monster is exceptionally powerful, wielding 55,876 CP, with an ATK stat of 244 and a defense of 172. Therefore, it is essential that trainers understand this Pokemon GO Raid Boss Weaknesses and counters before trying to face him in combat.
Mega Ampharos is an Electric and Dragon-type Pokémon that is highly resistant to Electric moves and strong against Flying, Steel, Fire, Water, and Grass attacks. On the other hand, its dual element characteristics make it vulnerable to Ground, Ice, Dragon, and Fairy abilities. Accordingly, those aiming to get the best results from their Mega Raid are advised to gather a group of Pokemon that provide these four counter elements in their Movesets.
For countering Mega Ampharos in Pokemon GO, the best choices would be Legendary and Dark Pokemon, such as Mega Latios, Shadow Dragonite, Shadow Salamence, Mega Latias, and Shadow Latios. Each of these monsters will deal maximum damage to Mega Ampharos when equipped with Dragon-type moves. Dragon Breath, Dragon Claw, Dragon Tail and Outrage are the fast and charged moves that trainers should choose for the best combat performance in Pokemon GO.
How to Beat Mega Ampharos in a Pokémon GO Raid
Suppose some trainers do not have the powerful legendary or ghost monsters mentioned above. In this case, there are many standard Pokemon they can use to beat Mega Ampharos in A Pokemon GO Raid. Below is a small index of high-level pocket monsters to bring to the Mega Raid, listed by type:
Best Dragon Type Counters for Mega Ampharos
- garchomp — Type: Dragon and Ground | Best Moveset – Quick Strike: Dragon Tail, Charged Strike: Outrage
- Salamence — Type: Dragon and Flying | Best Moveset – Quick Strike: Dragon Tail, Charged Strike: Outrage
Best Land Type Counters for Mega Ampharos
- Rhyperior — Type: Soil and Rock | Best Moveset – Quick Hit: Mud-slap, Charged Hit: Earthquake
- Excadrill — Type: floor and steel | Best Moveset – Quick Move: Mud-slap, Charged Move: Drill Run
Best Ice Type Counters for Mega Ampharos
- mammochoon — Type: Ice and ground | Best Moveset in Pokemon GO – Quick Move: Mud-slap, Charged Move: Avalanche
- Galarian Darmanitan — Type: Ice Cream | Best Moveset – Fast Move: Ice Fang, Charged Move: Avalanche
Best Fairy Type Counters for Mega Ampharos
- Gardevoir — Type: Fairy and Psychic | Best Moveset – Quick Hit: Charm, Charged Hit: Dazzling Gleam
- Sylveon — Type: Fairy | Best Moveset – Quick Hit: Charm, Charged Hit: Dazzling Gleam
Pokemon GO is available on iOS and Android.
MultiVersus is somehow the best Superman game
About the Author
Denial of responsibility! newsnaveen.com is an automatic aggregator around the global media. All the content are available free on Internet. We have just arranged it in one platform for educational purpose only. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials on our website, please contact us by email – email@example.com. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.